General Fire Safety Procedures
If the fire alarm sounds:
• If you have children in childcare, you will leave the moms meeting room first to retrieve your children. If you have more than one child, retrieve your younger child, and a caregiver will assist with the older child. Listen for directions on how to evacuate the building. Your primary exit is through the west door: proceed through the back door of the auditorium, down the corridor to the blue door on your right, down one flight of stairs and out the exit door to the Church parking lot. Wait by the tree at the end of the driveway for attendance and further instructions. In the event of a real emergency, you may need to listen to your Leader for the alternate exit.
• If you do NOT have children in childcare, you must remain in the moms meeting room until the others have left. They are going to evacuate children, and we must let them do their job.
• After the moms with children in childcare have left, follow the instructions of the executive team to evacuate the building. Please close any windows around you. Do not stop to gather your coats/bags/stuff.
• All mothers assemble on the sidewalk on Ridley Avenue for attendance. You must stay with the group until attendance has been taken.
• All children, their mothers, and the childcare sitters will be evacuated to the parking lot on the west side of the church.
• HINT: Most of the children have not gone though a fire drill at school, so you might want to tell them exactly what happens during a drill: a loud bell goes off, they need to make sure they come up/down the stairs safely, and they should move as quickly and quietly as possible.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to talk to a member of the executive.